How do you know if you’re on the verge of burning out?
Is it when you feel scattered and overwhelmed with everything you need to do…
Is it when you wake up feeling still feeling exhausted…
Or is it when you feel so anxious that everything feels out of control…
Burnout doesn’t just hit you out of no where. There are key symptoms your body throws at you to tell you you’re heading in the wrong direction. And key symptoms where your body is screaming at you to tell you that burnout is just around the corner.
Want to know what those symptoms are?
Then today’s podcast episode is for you. Listen now on your fav podcast platform or read the blog below.
Burnout is something we all avoid.
It leaves you feeling drained and exhausted and halts your business and your life to a complete stop.
If you were magic, you’d pause the world for a while to give you time and silence to catch up again.
But the world doesn’t stop moving so you either have to cocoon yourself away and miss out on catching up with friends, spending time with your partner or enjoying life in general, or power through and still do *all* these things. But feel like a complete zombie, while feeling irritable, exhausted and totally drained the whole time.
Burnout stops you from doing everything you love. It leaves you feeling heartbroken and empty.
Burnout doesn’t just affect your ability to live the life you want, it also has a huge impact on your business.
- Burnout stops your business from being able to grow and thrive, and ends up draining the living shit out of you
- If your business can’t thrive, then it leaves you feeling like a failure and that you’re not capable of running a successful business
- You feel guilty that you have to power through because you have clients depending on you so can’t leave clients high and dry but then you are always worried because if you don’t stop then you’ll totally burn out
- It feels like you have no control over your life
Burnout doesn’t just hit you out of the blue.
There are warning signs you can look out for to know that burnout is lurking around the next corner.
And it all starts with:
#1. Constant stress over weeks or months
- Stressed with all the things you have to do
- Stressed with the lack of time to do them
- The fact you’re basically fumbling around in the dark trying to figure it all out
- To-do lists everywhere
- Tasks building up
- Nothing is scheduled or planned but everything needs completing
- No idea how to get everything done
- Million things you need to do but you’re super time poor and unsure where to start
- You’re running behind schedule and you don’t know when you’ll do everything you need to do
- You’re unsure how to do everything you need to do
- Feel snappy, irritated, frustrated, moody, and have a low tolerance for everything and everyone else.
- Snapping at your partner and family
- Irritated when things don’t go right (aka. your hair isn’t sitting right)
- Small issues feel like the worse thing in the world (aka. spill you coffee)
- Emotions easily swell and tidal wave within your body
- Feels like PMS all the time
#5. Extra stress
- Feel like you’re running on adrenaline and you can go go go at hyper speed
- Jumping from thought to thought and task to task with no clear direction
- Feel wired and antsy
- High intense energy within your body but unable to get rid of it
- High energy that stops you from falling asleep or wakes you in the night
- Everything feels too much
- Your heart starts fluttering and racing in your chest
- An iron grip or tightness squeezes your chest
- A sticking glob gets stuck in your throat
- Your thoughts start spiralling around in chaos
- Can’t get clarity with a single thought due to a cyclone of thoughts flying around
- Might wake up feeling anxious or experience persistent anxiety all day
- Experience flare ups of high anxiety throughout the day
- Prolonged mid-arvo slumps where you need to rest or have a nap
- Struggle to wake up and get out of bed
- Drag yourself through the day
- Crash on your bed or couch once you eventually get home
- Use energy to lift your eyebrows just to keep your eyelids open
- Low motivation and no oomph or drive to do anything – can’t be bothered
- May experience dread and resentment because you don’t want to do the things you need to be doing because you’re so tired
#8. Brain fog
- Lack of clarity
- Struggle to concentrate
- Easily distracted
- Procrastinate a lot
- Feels like a grey, thick wall in your head with all your thoughts and words on the other side
- It takes energy to think
- All these symptoms are too much for your body and mind to cope with so you enter straight into burnout and finally *hit a wall*.
- Numbness, apathy or hopelessness
- Too tired to do anything or care about anything
Welcome to Burnout Central. A place you really don’t want to be.
When you’re here, you can’t have the mentality to push through it, ignore it or believe it’ll get better once you’re finally successful and on the other side.
Once you reach burnout, your body and brain need a serious amount of time to recover.
Burnout is a biochemical reaction that’s happened in your body.
Your body and adrenals are now depleted.
Therefore, your adrenals need time to recover. If they aren’t given time to recover then you’ll always be in a state of constant exhaustion and fatigue as they can take months or years to get back to normal patterns.
Your adrenals biochemically can’t bounce back to give you energy, give you clarity and make you inspired and motivated again simply by getting a goods night sleep and pushing through.
Pushing through exhausts and depletes them more. Pushing you deeper and deeper into burnout territory.
Your adrenals may slowly get back to a healthy range on their own over many months and years. But to speed this process up your adrenals require certain nutrients and the right signals from your brain to function optimally and give you energy, motivation and clarity.
Prevention is key to stop burnout from happening in the first place
And it’s the reason I created the FREE QUIZ. sBecause the first step is knowing where your health is – thriving, healing, surviving or struggling (aka. on the brink of burnout).
We don’t want to wait until you’re already in burnout to pick you back up again. We want to prevent you from entering burnout in the first place so your business and life can continue to thrive.
On a final note…
Know that no matter what stage of burning out or burnout you’re at, there are ways to quickly heal your body, mind and adrenals.
You can get your energy and motivation back within a few weeks with the right herbs and nutrients.
- Your anxiety and stress can reduce in hours.
- Your energy can boost within days.
- Your motivation can lift within a few weeks.
Burnout is never a prison sentence that you can’t get out of. It’s not a 2 for 1 deal that comes with running a business.
You can grow a business at every stage and be filled with energy, inspiration and motivation.
Find out how close to burning out you are with the free quiz RIGHT HERE.